The Convention Relating to the Regime of the Straits, 24 July 1923,
Convention Concerning the Exchange of Greek and Turkish Populations,
Declaration Relating to the Administration of Justice in Turkey,
Protocol Relating to Certain Concessions Granted in the Ottoman Empire.
(from: The Treaties of Peace 1919-1923, Vol. II, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, New York, 1924.)
Map (38k) of Convention Area, Thrace, The Straits, Etc.
Detailed Map (51k) of Western Turkey, showing the Zone of the Straits.
(Compiled by Lt.-Col. Lawrence Martin, Geographer of the Institute of Politics)
The texts and the maps have been copied with permission from the World War I Archive (specifically: Treaties).
-A number of other instruments were drawn up and signed at the same time, but are not included in this volume. They can be found in Treaty Series, No. l6 (1923), Cmd. 1929,
which is published by the British Government, and from which the foregoing texts of the Treaty of Peace with Turkey, and the Straits Convention, and the other instruments signed at Lausanne
were taken. They are:
- Convention respecting the Thracian Frontiers, signed the 24th July, 1923.
- Convention respecting Conditions of Residence and Business and Jurisdiction, signed the 24th July, 1923.
- Commercial Convention, signed the 24th July, 1923.
- Graeco-Turkish Agreement on the Restitution of Interned Civilians and the Exchange of Prisoners of War, signed the 30th January, 1923.
- Amnesty Declaration, and Protocol, signed the 24th July, 1923.
- Declaration relating to Moslem Properties, in Greece, signed the 24th July, 1923.
- Declaration relating to Sanitary Matters, signed the 24th July, 1923.
- Protocol relating to the accession of Belgium and Portugal to certain provisions of Instruments signed at Lausanne, and Declarations of these two Powers concerning such accession, signed the 24th July, 1923.
- Protocol relating to the Evacuation of the Turkish territory occupied by the British, French and Italian Forces, and Declaration, signed the 24th July, 1923.
- Protocol relating to the Karagatch territory and to the islands of Imbros and Tenedos, signed by the British Empire, France, Italy, Japan, Greece and Turkey on the 24th July, 1923.
- Protocol, signed on the 24th July, 1923, relating to the Treaty, concluded at Sevres between the Principal Allied Powers and Greece on the l0th August, 1920, concerning the Protection of Minorities in Greece, and to the Treaty relating to Thrace concluded on the same day between the same Powers.
- Protocol relating to signature by the Serb-Croat-Slovene State, signed the 24th July, 1923.