What's New on HR-Net?
UPDATE: 4 May 1997
- PATTERNS OF GLOBAL TERRORISM in 1996
- The USA Department of State "Patterns of Global Terrorism" report for 1996, which was released on April 30, 1997, is now available at: http://www.hri.org/docs/USSD-Terror/96
UPDATE: 3 May 1997
- ADDITIONS TO THE HR-NET NODES COLLECTION
- The HR-Net Nodes Collection, which covers a wide range of topics, is updated almost daily. A list of new and corrected URLs is displayed in one page once a week. The same list is also available through e-mail; please see the Personal NewsPaper (PNP) or mailing lists pages for subscription options.
- EUROPEAN UNION NEWS AND ISSUES
- A new page on EU-related issues was added to the list of Special News Topics which are updated several times every day. These pages provide easy reference to articles produced by major news agencies as well as links to webpages relevant to each special topic.
- INTERNATIONAL PRESS LINKS THROUGH E-MAIL
- The page on the International Press contains all the Special News Topics references. The latest additions to this page are available to interested HR-Net users over e-mail every 4 hours. Please check the PNP or mailing lists pages for subscription information.
UPDATE: 2 March 1997
- INTERNATIONAL NARCOTICS CONTROL STRATEGY REPORT for 1996
- The USA Department of State "International Narcotics Control Strategy Report" for 1996, which was released in March, 1997, is now available at: http://www.hri.org/docs/USSD-INCSR/96
UPDATE: 20 February 1997
- GENERAL SECRETARIAT FOR GREEKS ABROAD
- The General Secretariat for Greeks Abroad, which is a division of the Hellenic Ministry of Foreign Affairs, inaugurated its own home page with extensive information for expatriates and repatriating Greeks as well as several communication channels between them and the Secretariat. Currently, most pages are in Greek; the English version will be expanded in the near future. HR-Net was instrumental in the creation of the new site and is hosting a mirror copy.
UPDATE: 5 February 1997
- SAMIZDAT: A REVIEW OF CRITICAL ANALYSIS
- HR-Net welcomes the new weekly Samizdat to the Internet by hosting a mirror copy. Samizdat features reviews and analysis of recent developments in Greek domestic and foreign policy written by a group of prominent journalists -- with occasional contributions from high-ranking political figures in Greece.
UPDATE: 30 January 1997
- U.S. STATE DEPARTMENT 1996 HUMAN RIGHTS REPORT
- The 1996 U.S. State Department Human Rights Report. Selected reports on
the Balkan countries including Greece, Cyprus and Turkey.
UPDATE: 21 January 1997
- HELLENIC MINISTRY OF NATIONAL DEFENSE
- The Hellenic Ministry of National Defense has
created a pilot home page aiming to provide information about its
mission and its organization. HR-Net maintains an up-to-date mirror copy of
UPDATE: 14 January 1997
- COUNCIL OF HELLENES ABROAD
FOR N. AND S. AMERICA
- Also known as S.A.E. of the
Americas, the North and South America branch of the Council of
Hellenes Abroad has initiated a Web presence on HR-Net with the co-operation
of Orama, Inc. Besides background
information, this home page presents in detail the scope and activities
of each regional committee both in Greek and in English.
- GREEK RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY NETWORK
GENERAL SECRETARIAT FOR RESEARCH AND TECHNOLOGY
- The Hellenic General Secretariat for Research and Technology Home Page contains bilingual information on conferences and
research programs available in Greece. The GSRT is also the driving
force for the National Research & Technology
Network which will integrate the computer network infrastructure in Greece.
Both home pages are mirrored on HR-Net.
For information about the project, the Group, or the Hellenic Resources
Institute, you can contact us via any of the following:
Hellenic Resources Institute, Inc.
P.O. Box 380912
Cambridge, MA 02238, U.S.A.
Fax: +1 (617) 725-3445
email: Feedback form
Feedback, comments and requests are welcome.